[Pgpool-general] pcp_attach_node problem?

Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com
Tue Jan 13 14:18:22 UTC 2009

Sorry for the delay, I haven't had enough time.

> 1. Show us the logs. Full logs, but only the relevant parts (got tons
> of things to read every day here). :)

I'll try it again with full logs to give them to you guys

> 2. Check whether PostgreSQL is having some problem of some sort before
> blaming it on pgpool-II. Can you run the same queries on both nodes
> and get the same results?

PostgreSQL is not having any problems. It's not a query problem. When I
install the latest CVS head, what I showed to you is what happens.
However, when I uninstall it and install the 2.1 released version, it
doesn't happen anymore. The problem with this 2.1 release is that it
doesn't keep the connection when a node is detached or attached (if I
have an already opened connection and do attach/detach node, it locks. I
must disconnect and reconnect in order to keep doing queries). Another
problem is that I need the insert lock newly introduced to automatically
apply on serial fields tables.

> 3. Check permissions in both bg_hba.conf files.
No problem with this.

> 4. Have you considered using version 8.3.5 of PostgreSQL and see how
> it goes? Or at least, the last revision of the 8.1 branch.
No. I can not update PostgreSQL. I'm using 8.2.1.

When I have the logs, I'll post them for sure. Thanks!

Daniel