[Pgpool-general] Impact of removing RESET ALL from reset_query_list?

Nimesh Satam nimesh.satam at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 12:43:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

Can anybody highlight what would be the impact of  removing RESET ALL
from reset_query_list on pgpool or the database?

We want to change this parameter from:

reset_query_list = 'ABORT; RESET ALL; SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION DEFAULT' to

reset_query_list = 'ABORT; SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION DEFAULT'

We want the db connection to stay in the same session where it had
connected so as all queries go to one db where the updates are going.

We are using slony, and once we have done an update or insert on the
db (master). We want the consecutive queries to go on the master even
after the transaction is closed. Will the above change help?

Regards & Thanks,
Nimesh.