[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II 2.2 beta2 released

Łukasz Jagiełło lukasz.jagiello at gforces.pl
Mon Feb 9 09:27:08 UTC 2009

2009/2/7 Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp>:
> * pool_process_query.c: Start internal transaction if necessary.
>  Before we only started transaction INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and
>  SELECT. Obviously we need to start transaction other than these, for
>  example CREATE TABLE.  To avoid an overhead to look up large number
>  of statements (currently 70), we use bsearch() now.

Top of dump file:
#v+
--
-- PostgreSQL database dump
--

SET client_encoding = 'UTF8';
SET check_function_bodies = false;

--
-- Name: db_name; Type: DATABASE; Schema: -; Owner: user
--

CREATE DATABASE db_name WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UTF8';

ALTER DATABASE db_name OWNER TO user;

\connect db_name
#v-

With pgpool-II 2.2 beta2 when I try create db from that dump got such
error in postgres log:

#v+
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "send" at character 1
STATEMENT:  send invalid query from pgpool to abort transaction
#v-

With pgpool-II 2.2 beta1 everything works fine.

pgpool work as:
replication_mode = true
replication_strict = true
load_balance_mode = true
replication_stop_on_mismatch = true
replicate_select = false
master_slave_mode = false

Any idea why that happen ?

--
Łukasz Jagiełło
G-Forces Web Management Polska

T: +44 (0) 845 055 9040
F: +44 (0) 845 055 9038
E: lukasz.jagiello at gforces.pl
W: www.gforces.co.uk

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately. Do not disclose the
contents of this e-mail to any other person, use it for any purpose,
print, copy, store, or distribute it. This e-mail should then be
destroyed. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender except where the sender specifically states them to
be the views of G-Forces Web Management Ltd. Registered Office: 4 & 5
Kings Row, Armstrong Road, Maidstone, Kent. ME15 6AQ. Registered
Company No. 3863609. VAT Registration No. 7250 384 50