[Pgpool-general] About degeneration mode...

erobles erobles at sensacd.com.mx
Wed Dec 30 17:31:30 UTC 2009

I'am testing the disconnection of  the backends  configured  to
replicate  the querys,  then i shutdown down the backend_hostname1 and
pgpool enter to degeneration mode ,ok this is the expected  behavior and
the   querys like insert are executed in the backend_hostname0 ok.

But  if  i shutdown the backend_hostname0and pgpool-ii doesn't enter to
degeneration mode and  the querys doesn't   run :-(

could you, please ;-),  teach me how can i do  to  keep  pgpool-ii  in
degeneration mode if the backend_hostname0 is  down???

By the way i have the system db info in the same  host/database  that
backend_hostname0, may be this could be the problem :-P.

Could you, please,  suggest to  me  a good practices tips  to configure,
tunning and keep  well running pgpool-ii??????

Another question is:
when  pg-pool is  in degeneration mode and the  backend_hostname1 is up
again,  the querys doesn't  be replicated,  i have to  restart pgpool
to replicate the querys.

What can i do   to avoid this????