[Pgpool-general] Using replication with a load balanced configuration

avelino avelino at mhpsc.com
Fri Dec 18 11:52:53 UTC 2009

Hi, all.

Is it possible to configure pgpool-ii to replicate all queries by
default (select/updates/inserts) and, only on some queries (select), do
a load balance? I think that the closest way to do this is to configure
pgpool.conf like this:

replication_mode = true
load_balance_mode = true
replicate_select = false

And using "/*REPLICATION*/" directive on all queries except when I want
load balancing. Is there another way to do this? We don't want to send
the "/*REPLICATION*/" prefix on all our queries.

Thanks in advance. Regards.