[Pgpool-general] continue functioning on backend mismatch

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Dec 10 00:20:27 UTC 2009

Sorry for delay.

> I'm testing the replication function for some time now, trying
> to move to production, one of the biggest things preventing me
> from doing so :
>
> when theres a mismatch between the two backends, my client is
> stuck with it until I fix it, I would like, in such case,
> to continue working only with the primary backend,
> letting me fix the problem later on.
> is this possible ?

Here you mean "client" is a human or a client application? If you mean
the former, I guess what you would like to do is to hide the kind
mismatch errors from his eyes and let pgpool goes on? If you mean the
latter, you would like pgpool disconnect slave and cotinue the session
with master. Which one do you want?