[Pgpool-general] EXPLAIN statement fails on 'kind mismatch'

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Dec 9 00:27:10 UTC 2009

> > Can you show me the vacuum analyze output on backend 0?
> > --
> > Tatsuo Ishii
> > SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
> >

> sorry, I did not save it,
> would it help if i run the command again ?
> (the problem does not exist at the moment)

No, I don't think so. Apparently you now have almost same statistics
data on backend 0. Maybe you hadn't run vacuum analyze on backend 0.

Anyway, pgpool-II-2.3 now allow to load balance EXPLAIN, thus you
would not see kind mismatch errors on 2.3. Note that this does not
apply to EXPLAIN ANALYZE + DML by obvious reason.