[Pgpool-general] Is pgpool compatible with protocolVersion=3 of jdbc?

Nimesh Satam nimesh.satam at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 04:37:59 UTC 2009

Tatsuo,

>> What error do you have with temp table creation?

When we try to create temp table using pgpool, the application fails with
below error:

*"ERROR: kind mismatch among backends. Possible last query was: "..." kind
details are: 0[1] 1[E]" error.*

We are using pgpool in master-slave mode and loadbalance=on.

On execution of the below queries the above error appears:

*1) CREATE TEMP TABLE tmp_ch (key integer PRIMARY KEY); *

*2) INSERT INTO tmp_ch (key) SELECT key FROM rpt_ch WHERE id IN (135848,
135841);*

Note: in logs we see the first query getting Parsed on master and slave
database. But the execute is done only on slave. As a result the 2 query
fails.

Let me know if you need any information

Regards,
Nimesh.