[Pgpool-general] Order of execution of queries by pgpool

Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com
Wed Aug 12 18:15:21 UTC 2009

> > When inserting, updating or deleting through pgpool connected to two
> > backends, is the order of commits:
> >
> > 1.    Backend 0, and then Backend 1?
>
> 1. Execute in backend 1
> 2. Wait for execution.
> 3. If okay, execute (paralelly, I believe) in the rest of backends (in
> this case only in backend 0).
> 4. If okay, return okay to client.

So, if there are 3 backends (0, 1, and 2), the order will be:
1. Execute in the last backend (backend 2)
2. Wait for execution.
3. If okay, execute (paralelly) in the rest of backends (in this case in backend 0 and 1)
4. If okay, return okay to client.

?

or

1. Execute in the last backend (backend 1)
2. Wait for execution.
3. If okay, execute (paralelly) in the rest of backends (in this case in backend 0 and 2)
4. If okay, return okay to client.

?

Thanks,
Daniel