[Pgpool-general] question about capabilities

Stefan Murphy stefan at vocalocity.com
Thu Apr 30 18:47:32 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to determine if pg_pool can do the following.

I have two DBs, a primary and secondary that an application will read
from.  If the primary is not available the queries should go to the
secondary.  So far so good, this part works.  But when the primary is
available again I'd like pg_pool to automatically start using it again.
We haven't been able to get this part working.

Is this a possible way to use pg_pool?  If so, could you please point me
to the right parameters?  I was hoping to see something for setting a
minimum number of connections to maintain per DB so that the connections
to the primary would be automatically reestablished.

I did rftm and go through the past few months of the mailing list before
posting.  :-)