[Pgpool-general] Able to do online recovery for failed nodes but not to attach new node

Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com
Tue Apr 21 13:14:41 UTC 2009

> Notice in the second case it is using "localhost" as the parameter
(and localhost is not the node I'm trying to recover). I notice that if
I start pgpool with only one backend, then I add a backend to the conf
file, then do pgpool reload, it does read it correctly, eg, I see

I think you should never configure pgpool.conf to have
backendN='localhost', unless it's the only node in the cluster. You
should specify an IP for each backend. This information is used for
doing recovery.

Daniel