[Pgpool-general] Online Recovery/Dynamic Addition of Node

Jaume Sabater jsabater at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 07:15:07 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 1:10 AM, Harold Lim <rold_50 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is it correct to say that in PGpool, if the current running workload is heavy, the time it also take to finish online recovery or dynamic addition of node will also be longer?

Due to the nature of online recovery, it will take additional time if
the server is under load. The higher the load, the higher the time
it'll take. Personally, I have not played much with online recovery
under (heavy) load, therefore maybe Tatsuo or someone else will be
able to add more information about it.

P.S. Finetuning the segments parameters in PostgreSQL and making sure
the online recovery does not happen while autovacuum is active will
help.

--
Jaume Sabater
http://linuxsilo.net/