[Pgpool-general] archive_command question

Jaume Sabater jsabater at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 09:29:54 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

>> > Probably what we need is "recovery_end_command" to be executed at the
>> > very end of recovery.
>>
>> I thought that was the fallback_command command. Not that I am using
>> it right now as I'd rather do that manually, but I thought it could be
>> used for that purpose.
>
> Problem is, fallback_command is used for switch back as well and it
> may or may not be suitable for that purpose.

In that case, you are right and we could definitely use that feature :)

>> > recovery_1st_stage_command enables archive_command and
>> > recovery_end_command disables archive_command and remove archive logs
>> > etc.
>> I use a wall_archiving script, which is attached to this email for
>> reference. Still, would be useful :)
>
> Great:-)

Feel free to add it to the package or whatever you want. I promise
I'll find the time one of these days to finish my article about pgsql
and pgpool-II and post it in my website :)

--
Jaume Sabater
http://linuxsilo.net/

"Ubi sapientas ibi libertas"