[Pgpool-general] archive_command question

Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com
Tue Apr 14 13:25:52 UTC 2009

I know this is a question for postgresql forum, but I think is
convenient to know it in this forum as well. Does the 'archive_command'
run if and only if the postgresql stored procedure named
'pg_start_backup' is called? My concern is that if archiving is enabled,
the backup files would fill the disk space. If instead, every time I'm
going to recover a failed node, I would just need to empty the archive
directory before issuing pg_start_backup. Does this make sense?

Thanks,

Daniel