[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II documentation

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Apr 9 03:04:40 UTC 2009

You'd better to understand what plain PostgreSQL behaves
first. PostgreSQL's behavior in this case depends on what transaction
mode (serializable or read committed) and table locking. For example,
if you want to delay reader until writers completes you could use
table locks with writing. But of coure this will lead to performance
degration and/or "reader starvation".