[Pgpool-general] Difference in updated tuples

Bruno Lustosa bruno.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 19:34:09 UTC 2008

Hello. I'm using pgpool-II with 2 backend servers.
In one maintenance routine, we get the following error:

ERROR:  pgpool detected difference of the number of update tuples
HINT:  check data consistency between master and other db node

After debugging, the query in question was "UPDATE
afiliado.clique_afiliado SET cache=true WHERE
id_clique_afiliado=55809586;". This ID in question is a serial column.
I checked it on both backends, and that row is present on one, but not
on the other. We always run our queries through the pooler.
Is there any reason why an insert would succeed in one backend but
fail on the other?
Is there a way to avoid this behaviour?

Thanks

--