[Pgpool-general] Pgpool-II - replication problems

Jaume Sabater jsabater at linuxsilo.net
Sun Nov 9 11:34:59 UTC 2008

nir osovsky wrote:

> My questions are:
> 1. Why the above insert command failed?

Have you properly set up the users in pg_hba.conf in both pgsql servers?

> 2. What do I need to configure in order for any change to the testdb on
> dev1 to replicate automaticly to testdb on dev2?

In your pgpool.conf file, you need to have this directive:

replication_mode = true

And also you need to configure these:

backend_hostname
backend_port
backend_weight
backend_data_directory

Optionally, you may also want to enable this one:

load_balance_mode = true

But it does not have anything to do with replicating information. Other
parameters may need to be adjusted from their default values depending
on your specific configuration.

Check these two for more information and examples:

http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/
http://www.pgcon.org/2008/schedule/attachments/66_pgpool-II-demo.pdf

--
Jaume Sabater