[Pgpool-general] Load balancing read-write functions

Nelson Correia nelsonwc7 at hotmail.com
Thu May 29 10:00:54 UTC 2008

Hi,I have a scenario   where I want to use Slony for master-slave replication and pgpool for load-balancing and where I have many functions with write commands. When using these functions I issue a command like "select * from somefunction(1, 'xpto')" and 'somefunction' will do several queries, being one of them an insert/update. How will pgpool load-balance this kind of queries? Is it able to see that it's not a read-only command and will send the command always only to the master? More generically, how did pgpool deal with functions and triggers?Thanks,Nelson