[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II compile issues

Nate Tallman nate.tallman at connectivhealth.com
Wed May 28 21:01:00 UTC 2008

Ok, Got it working.
Here's the procedure in case anyone else stumbles upon this:
export CFLAGS='-ldl'
ln -s /path/to/real/libpq.so /usr/local/lib/
export PATH=$PATH:/path/to/postgres/bin

Why it works (I think):
Firstly, postgres wasn't compiled with -ldl (prob should have been though)
and the problem isn't in pgpool, but wrather with libpq at the postgres
compile time. Setting CFLAGS to '-ldl' patches that.
Secondly, for some reason configure isn't looking for libpq in your postgres
lib directory even though you may explicitely define that or configure may
find that directory. It looks in /usr/lib though.
Lastly, pg_config needs to be in your path.

Hope this helps anyone else.
If anyone has any other explanations or comments, please share.

Nate Tallman