[Pgpool-general] replication configuration and restoration of a pg_dump

Addison Pan addisonp at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 06:30:20 UTC 2008

situation:
I am attempting to restore a pg_dump that I took from a test machine and restoring it to the 3 test servers that were setup for the pgpool tutorial.  I have tested the data restoration directly to the three test servers on port 5432, 5433 and 5434 and it works without a problem, but I get errors when doing it to port 9999 with replication turned on

background:
I have not modified the pgpool.conf except as required for replication
    replication_mode = true
    load_balance_mode = true

issue:
following errors/warnings occurred on the restore
    command:    psql -U postgres -d test < test.bak

checked the test.bak and these are the commands that are showing errors/warnings

COMMENT ON SCHEMA public IS 'Standard public schema';
> ERROR: must be owner of schema public

REVOKE ALL ON SCHEMA public FROM PUBLIC;
> WARNING: no privileges could be revoked

GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO PUBLIC;
>WARNING no priviliges were granted

question:
Could someone point me in the right direction as to what I could be missing

Thanks,