[Pgpool-general] PGPOOL-II and FUNCTIONS

Luis Alberto Pérez Paz midriasis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 00:39:04 UTC 2008

Sure,

The replicated_select in pgpool-ii v2.0.1 (
http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/1521/pgpool-II-2.0.1.tar.gz) does not
work.
My configuration is:
load_balance_mode = false
replicate_select = true

Pgpool-ii v2.0.1 only sends the select to the first host.

I trien with pgpool-ii v1.3 and replicated_select=true (with
load_balance_mode = false) works great.

I was looking on google and I think that it could has relation with:
http://www.mail-archive.com/pgpool-general@pgfoundry.org/msg00085.html

*That's because pgpool-i works as if replicate_select is always true.....*Maybe
I'm confused with this. According to my tests in pgpool-i (v3.4.1) only if
you set "replicated_select=true" it replicates the select.

I tried with the CVS head version however I couldn't compile it:
*
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/luis/tmp/pgpool/pgpool-II'
Making all in parser
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/luis/tmp/pgpool/pgpool-II/parser'
byacc  -d gram.y
byacc: e - line 142 of "gram.y", syntax error
%name-prefix="base_yy"
^
make[2]: *** [gram.c] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/luis/tmp/pgpool/pgpool-II/parser'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/luis/tmp/pgpool/pgpool-II'
make: *** [all] Error 2*

Regards,

--
paz, amor y comprensión