[Pgpool-general] Pcp manager (using PHP)

Jonathan Bond-Caron jbondc at openmv.com
Wed Jun 11 20:47:47 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I've begun using pgpool-II for multi-master replication in a test
environment. I wanted to be able to drop nodes, re-add nodes, shutdown
databases etc..  to simulate ugly scenarios. The pcp commands were useful
but I needed more flexibility to automate the testing & simulation.

I ended up writing a small PHP script that allows to communicate with PCP:

http://www.openmv.com/classes/database/cluster/pgpool/manager.phps

It does the job for now, it's a liberal BSD license so hopefully it's of use
to others.  It will support the other pcp commands and likely  recovering
nodes... as soon as I get my around testing WAL archiving etc.