[Pgpool-general] Current problems in pgpool2.1b2+segfault patch

Nico -telmich- Schottelius nico-pgpool at schottelius.org
Thu Jun 5 07:56:14 UTC 2008

Simone Tregnago [Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 08:51:33AM +0200]:
>> I also had a look at slony-1, but as it is replicated asynchron it is no
>> choice for me.
>
> Purposes of Slony are completely different. If you want data based
> replication instead of query based replication you could try pgcluster
> or cybercluster(more commercial implementation).

Thanks for the pointer.

Some time ago I had a look at them, but as they are patching postgresql
it wasn't an option for me -> wanted to stay with stock postgresql, so updates
are easier possible.

Nico

--
Think about Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
http://nico.schottelius.org/documentations/foss/the-term-foss/

PGP: BFE4 C736 ABE5 406F 8F42  F7CF B8BE F92A 9885 188C