[Pgpool-general] pgadmin and pgpool-II problem

Simone Tregnago simonetregnago at grivaonline.com
Wed Jun 4 07:39:21 UTC 2008

Gary Fu wrote:
> I tried to connect a db in PgAdmin III through pgpool-II (2.0.1) and got
> a mismatch error log on
> table pg_namespace and the PgAdmin failed connecting to that db.  First,
> I'm not sure why PgAdmin
> wants to get info from that table to make the connection,

pgadmin have to read lots of system tables. It needs them to prepare
functions catalogs, data types exc.

> second, I
> don't know why that system table has
> different rows in the backend hosts.  Is there a way to let PgAdmin make
> connection without checking
> that system table, or a simple way to sync just that system table
> between the backend hosts ?

I cannot imagine how to use pgadmin without reading system tables.
First: If you've data mismatch between system tables I suggest to resync
the entire database.
Second: If system tables frequently goes out of sync you've a problem
that you must discover.

Best Regards,
Simone Tregnago