[Pgpool-general] TCP connections are *not* closed when a backend timeout

Maxence DUNNEWIND maxence at dunnewind.net
Fri Jul 11 09:34:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm working on recovery  with pgpool.
When a backend failed (ie, for exemple, when the postgresql server shuts
down), all seems OK, connections are closed and backend is set as down
(status 3).

My problem is in case of network problem. If I remove the network link
with the backend, pgpool correctly detects it as down when healthcheck
timeout but it does *not* close tcp connections to remote backend.

The problem is that when the link comes back and when I start
pcp_recovery_node, the second stage can't process because there are
existing connections to backend ...

Is this a normal thing? Or is this a bug ?

I'm trying to find how I can close the connections when healthcheck
timeout...

Maxence

--
Maxence DUNNEWIND
Contact : maxence at dunnewind.net
Site : http://www.dunnewind.net
02 23 20 35 36
06 32 39 39 93

S'il vous plaît, évitez de m'envoyer des pièces jointes au format Word ou PowerPoint.
Voir http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.fr.html