[Pgpool-general] [pgpool-general] num_init_children and max_pool

Jaime Casanova jcasanov at systemguards.com.ec
Sun Dec 7 18:15:41 UTC 2008

Hi,

i was doing some tests in my laptop with pgpool II and i'm starting to
think that i'm not understanding the use of these parameters...

my test:

postgresql.conf's max_connections: 200

num_init_children: 50
max_pool: 4

i was under the impression that that configuration will allow me to
attend until 200 clients trough pgpool, but when i run this command:

pg_bench -p 9999 -c 60 -t 3 -f custom_script1 -f custom_script2 [some
more scripts] -d dbname

it simply sits and does nothing, if i add the -C options it lets the
first statement of the 60 clients and then sits forever

what am i doing wrong?

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova