[Pgpool-general] Will PG Pool push selects to 2 servers ?

kevin kempter kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Fri Aug 29 22:40:04 UTC 2008

Hi List;

We have a very busy ecommerce db running PostgreSQL 8.2.5 - we want to
analyze ALL the select activity since we have thousands of queries per
day that are small fast queries < 300ms however we want to know how
many of these were getting in a day and we're concerned about setting
log_min_duration_statement = 0 on production.

Can we use PG Pool to push ALL statements (including selects) to 2
boxes, to both prod and a second analysis server?

THis would allow us to set log_min_duration_statement = 0 on the
second server.

Thoughts? Better Ideas for doing this analysis?

Thanks in advance..