[Pgpool-general] Pgpool-II and Slony-I

Glyn Astill glynastill at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 28 17:38:52 UTC 2008

I got it to connect, however I now get:

"ERROR: kind mismatch between backends
HINT: check data consistency between master and other dbnode
server closed connection unexpectedly
          before or while processing the request"

In the logs I see:

2008-08-28 18:24:59 ERROR: pid 25693: pool_process_query: 1 th kind D does not match with master connection kind C
2008-08-28 18:24:59 LOG:   pid 25693: do_child: exits with status 1 due to error

(more here:  http://privatepaste.com/560SSCYNi5)

Also, I wonder; How does pgpool handle distribution of queries when the
slaves are lagging, even if only slightly?

E.g. I've got a process that inserts a load of data,
then comes back to check what it just inserted, except the
select goes off to a slave which hasn't quite caught up?