[Pgpool-general] DECLARE cursorname not being redirected correctly

Henry henry at zen.co.za
Thu Aug 28 16:22:51 UTC 2008

Greets,

PgPool II correctly redirects SELECT to the localhost, while sending
UPDATE/DELETE/INSERT to the master.

However, it is sending the following to the master (even when master
weight is 0):

DECLARE cursorname CURSOR WITH HOLD FOR SELECT * FROM tablename;

I have several processes running at the moment, and I suspect the
following will also go to the wrong node:

FETCH n FROM cursorname;
CLOSE cursorname;

Is this expected behaviour, or should I try and fool it for the time being
with:

SELECT 1; DECLARE cursorname CURSOR WITH HOLD FOR SELECT * FROM tablename;

to force it to go the localhost only?

Regards
Henry