[Pgpool-general] Update query & PgPool Cache ?

Richard MICHALOWICZ richard.michalowicz at mairie-poitiers.fr
Tue Sep 11 09:58:45 UTC 2007

Hi,

I think that PgPool is a really great software. Im using it with success to
pool PostgreSQL connection. I want to use it for caching queries too.

The cache is used and i saw the table associated to the query cache filling
with my requests and hash of them.

But in my different tries for query cache, the cache doesn't update itself
when an Update Query passedU.

So when i try this scenario passing by Pgpool:

1)Select ...   (3 results)

2)Update .    (1 result updated)

3)Select ..    (3 results not updated)

Im using an PostgreSQL server 8.1.8 and Pgpool-II 1.2.

What is the policy for the pgpool cache ?

Thanks a lot for this software

Richard