[Pgpool-general] PGPool II Replication Mode Fails

David Jantzen david.jantzen at comcast.net
Thu Sep 6 00:57:48 UTC 2007

Hello again,

I am trying to set up two database servers to support failover and load
balanced selects.  The primary database server hosts PGPool II, and the
secondary server should receive all insert, update and delete
statements.

However, when I enable replication_mode and try to connect to pgpool
I run into an error:

psql -p 9999 -U postgres template1

psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly
        before or while processing the request.

In /var/log/syslog I see:

pool_read_kind: kind does not match between master(82) slot[1] (69)

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Thanks,
David