[Pgpool-general] Status of pgPool2?

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Thu Oct 18 02:06:33 UTC 2007

Tatsuo,

> 2) pgpool-II 1.x
>
> - pgpool-II stable releases
> - the latest release is 1.2.1
> - there are a few known bugs but they will be fixed in 1.3 (about to be
> released)

Hmmm.  Is this being used in production anywhere?

BTW, pgPool2 currently doesn't compile on Solaris.  So one of the reasons for
this e-mail is to decide if we want to troubleshoot it.

>   - enhance the performance of replication. now the write performance
>     is half of ordinaly PostgreSQL at the worst case regardless the
>     number of DB nodes. Read performance will increase by adding more
>     DB nodes. So we hope the performace of read/write mix cases
>     increases by adding more DB nodes.

Is this 1/2 normal PostgreSQL throughput even on 2 nodes?  What things make it
better/worse?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun