[Pgpool-general] ProcessFrontendResponse: failed to read kind from frontend. frontend abnormally exited

Benoit Poulet benoit.poulet at businessdecision.com
Wed Oct 10 09:12:57 UTC 2007

Hi again,

Yoshiyuki Asaba a écrit :
>> ** 2nd problem
>>
>> When the secondary server failed or goes off-line, pgpool enter in
>> degeneration mode and get stuck !
>> we need to restart pgool to be able to connect to the database again.
>>
>> Is it the right behavior or i missed something ?
>>

> pgpool 3.4 had the bug that it failed degeneration.
> Could you upgrade it to 3.4.1?

I do the upgrade, but it seems it doesn't fix the problem.
Last time i tried to switch in degeneration mode for maintenance with
the following command :
pgpool -s s switch

I saw this in the log file :
2007-10-04 12:35:58 LOG:   pid 12107: starting degeneration. shutdown
secondary host edr-02(5432)
2007-10-04 12:35:58 LOG:   pid 12107: degeneration done. shutdown
secondary host edr-02(5432)

Everything seemed fine, i were able to connect through pgpool with the
psql client and do some sql requests.

But the java app, who already had established connections to pgpool,
crash when the app tried to do read/write requests.

Any hint ?

Regards,

*Benoit Poulet*
*Business & Decision Interactive Eolas
<http://www.businessdecision-interactive.com/?xtor=EPR-61>* - Tél :+33
(4) 76 44 50 50 - Fax : +33 (4) 76 44 00 41
Consultant Expert Web
Portails et Applications collaboratives, Hosting, Visites et
transformations ... en mode Projet complet, ASP, Centre de Services
/*Nous vous confirmons : IP pour les ERP et la Business Intelligence
<http://www.businessdecision-interactive.com/703-hebergement-d-une-plate-forme-hfm.htm>*
: Cognos, Hyperion, Oracle, SAP, ... c'est très fort .... /