[Pgpool-general] pgpool-ii health checking

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Nov 16 04:28:01 UTC 2007

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 11:57 +0900, Yoshiyuki Asaba wrote:
>
> > Thank you for the report. Could you apply the following patch?
> >
> > http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pgpool/pgpool-II/pool_auth.c.diff?r1=1.3&r2=1.3.2.1&f=u
>
> I think we should wrap a beta2 before a final release...

In general I agree with you but in this case I think it's ok. The
reasons are:

1) the fix is trivial and safe

2) the bug was a long standing one. Actualy it's been there since
   pgpool-II was born. So I guess most users do not use any
   authentication. For those who do not use auth will not be affected
   by the patch.