[Pgpool-general] jdbc hang using pgpool II

Yoshiyuki Asaba y-asaba at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Mar 13 03:32:45 UTC 2007

Hi,

From: Joe <jrdaly94 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Pgpool-general] jdbc hang using pgpool II
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 15:31:09 -0400

> Here is a diff of pgpool.conf and the sample pgpool conf file. I also
> included pgpool.conf below that. Thanks.
> *** 106,112 ****
>    log_statement = false
>
>    # if non 0, run in parallel query mode
> ! parallel_mode = false
>
>    # if non 0, use query cache
>    enable_query_cache = false
> --- 106,112 ----
>    log_statement = false
>
>    # if non 0, run in parallel query mode
> ! parallel_mode = true
>
>    # if non 0, use query cache
>    enable_query_cache = false

pgpool-II has a restriction which we can't use jdbc driver can't in
parallel mode.

doc/pgpool-en.html: Restrictions

  Extended Query Protocol

  The extended query protocol used by JDBC drivers, etc. is not
  supported. The simple query protocols must be used.

We are planning to improve it in the future.

Regards,
--
Yoshiyuki Asaba
y-asaba at sraoss.co.jp