[Pgpool-general] Pgpool-II and Slony-I Master with Multiple Slaves

Jason Kusnier jkusnier at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 11:08:00 UTC 2007

I have 3 postgres servers being replicated by Slony-I.  I'm looking at
using Pgpool-II, but can't seem to figure out how to reshape the
cluster.  From time to time I want to be able to do a move set with
Slony and have Pgpool use the newly promoted master.  I don't think
the heartbeat would do this, since the old master is still going to be
available, but now as a slave.  Is there a way through the pcp
interface to do this?

Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated.