[Pgpool-general] Pgpool II questions

John Joske jjoske at wdg.com.au
Tue Jan 9 22:06:27 UTC 2007

I'm evaluating pgpool II (1.0.1) and I'm currently having the following
problems.
When trying to import in a database that has been dumped using pg_dump
pgpool freezes when trying to insert into on table that has more than
3,000,000 million records.  This is using the copy command, however I am
able import the database if I use the -d option in pg_dump (inserts
instead of copy).

I am unable to to view any database have been created through pgpool
with pgAdminIII.  pgAdmin III returns the following error:

kind mismatch between backends

And the database give the following warning
nonstandard use of \\ in a string literal at character 355.

I can access database that have been created out of pgpool through
pgAdmin III (ie we create the database test as part of the install
procedure for postgres and we can access this).  I can also contect to
the databases through the command line.

I have the current set up:
one computer running FreeBSD 6.1 with postgresql 8.2.0 and pgpool 1.0.1
second computer running FreeBSD 6.1 with PostgreSQL 8.2.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Joske