[Pgpool-general] pgpool load balance question

Josh Harrison joshques at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 18:20:47 UTC 2007

Hi,
This is a newbie pgpool question. I have 2 servers (master-slave) and Slony
is doing the replication. I had installed pgpool for load balance where i
had disabled the replication_mode=false and load_balance_mode=true in
pgpool.conf

pcp_node_info gives this output.

 -sh-3.00$pcp_node_info 10 localhost 9898 josh postgres 1
172.31.0.67 5432 2 16383.500000

-sh-3.00$ pcp_node_info 10 localhost 9898 josh postgres 0
172.31.0.68 5432 2 16383.500000

So does this mean that pgpool is working properly with slony-1. Also how do
I test to see if the load balancing with pgpool is working properly. What
kind of query will help me confirm that it is load balanced ?

Also will pgpool automate failover? How can I test that?

thanks
josh