[Pgpool-general] PgPoolAdmin V2 beta 1 - Charset encoding Problem with French translation

Richard MICHALOWICZ richard.michalowicz at mairie-poitiers.fr
Wed Dec 5 08:11:41 UTC 2007

Hi,

Im trying the PgPoolAdmin V2 beta 1 with success but i have a problem with charset encoding. Indeed, when i use the french translation, i have some bad characters in sentences with special characters like « é » « è » « ê » …

An example :

1°)

The French sentence

Pgpool est stoppé

In firefox we obtain

pgpool est stopp?

In Internet Explorer we obtain

pgpool est stopp�

2°)The file /var/www/pgpooladmin/lang/fr.lang.php is correct under the editor vi but i don’t know if it was encoded in UTF-8

     the command « file /var/www/pgpooladmin/lang/fr.lang.php » indicate a PHP file.

3°) In mozilla firefox, the charset auto selected is UTF-8 for viewing the webpage. When i select ISO 8859-1, the problem is solved.

4°)I try to correct it in my php.ini (using php5) without success (i follow the instructions, mbstring is enabled)

[mbstring]

; language for internal character representation.

;mbstring.language = Japanese

mbstring.language = UTF-8

; internal/script encoding.

; Some encoding cannot work as internal encoding.

; (e.g. SJIS, BIG5, ISO-2022-*)

;mbstring.internal_encoding = EUC-JP

mbstring.internal_encoding = UTF-8

; http input encoding.

mbstring.http_input = auto

; http output encoding. mb_output_handler must be

; registered as output buffer to function

;mbstring.http_output = SJIS

mbstring.http_output = UTF-8

; enable automatic encoding translation according to

; mbstring.internal_encoding setting. Input chars are

; converted to internal encoding by setting this to On.

; Note: Do _not_ use automatic encoding translation for

;       portable libs/applications.

;mbstring.encoding_translation = Off

; automatic encoding detection order.

; auto means

mbstring.detect_order = auto

; substitute_character used when character cannot be converted

; one from another

;mbstring.substitute_character = none;

If someone have an idea ?

Thanks a lot