[Pgpool-general] pgpool hangs up

Michael Ulitskiy mulitskiy at acedsl.com
Mon Aug 27 16:13:31 UTC 2007

I think you don't realize how pgpool works and expect (as well as I did at the
time) it to have connection manager functionality.
It's not there and probably won't be there in the nearest future.
Please see the discussion at
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pgpool-general/2006-August/000424.html
In your config num_init_children=3 and that's the max number of concurrent
connections pgpool will accept. So it can't serve more than 3 concurrent
clients. If you use persistent connections in php then as soon as it seize
all 3 connections your other pgpool connections will hang.

Michael