[Pgpool-general] About the misc PGPool-II

HinYinLam hinyinanobii at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 08:48:33 UTC 2007

Hi all,
What is the rules for the load balancer?
If i have a master/slave setting and I send the following sql to the pgpool
" select * from account wher aid=xyz;
select count(*) branches;"

Master will have: select * from account where aid = xyz;
Slave will always get : select count(*) branches when I use pgbench to
test everything

How can i configure pgpool such that ONLY insert, update, delete etc
will go to master while ALL select go to slaves?

This is a big issues because actually the salve is yet another pgpool
running in load balacing mode
|pgpool| -----------------------|pgpool(load balancer)|
| |
|master| |machine 1(replication with master)| .......|machine n
(replicate with slave)|

What is the cache update policy for pgpool's cache?
I enabled the cache, imported the system_db.sql, successfully see rows
in the quey_cache table
If i update my database without passing via pgpool (ie going to 5432
instead of 9999), when will pgpool notice?

Also i get the fancy message:
"ERROR: pid 6454: pcp_child: pcp_read() failed. reason: Success"
Does it means it has been successfully failed? :P

Regards,
Hin