[Pgpool-general] replication nextval(or setval)

Yoshiyuki Asaba y-asaba at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Apr 26 02:00:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've committed that pgpool(and pgpool-II) always replicates if query
begins with "SELECT nextval()" or "SELECT setval()".

And I've committed that pgpool only sends SELECT query to master node
if load_balancing_mode = false. Because if replication_strict_mode is
true, we have to wait to response two nodes. I think it's not good. So
if you have to replicate SELECT query, add a comment in the begining
of the query(e.g., /*REPLICATION*/ SELECT func()).

Comments?

Regards,
--
Yoshiyuki Asaba