[Pgpool-general] selects in replication mode

A Orloff aorloff at root.net
Wed Apr 4 16:46:17 UTC 2007

Pgpoolers,

can someone please educate me on this matter.  I am trying to get pgpool
to work in replication mode for my application.  Why are selects
replicated to both backends ?  This causes an issue as pgpool terminates
the connection should the selects return slightly different result sets,
and unless I turn on strict mode (which kills performance) these selects
very well may return different results given that different transactions
have finished committing to the backends at any given time.

I would think that select statements would never be sent to multiple
backends, especially under replication mode when both hosts are up.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can offer.

alex

--

Alex Orloff
Software Engineering