[Pgpool-general] graceful detach

Jeff Davis pgpool at j-davis.com
Tue Sep 19 01:34:10 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 21:21 +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> > Is there a way to detach a node "gracefully" from pgpool-II?
> >
> > If not, would it be reasonably easy to implement? I might have some time
> > to attempt a patch.
> >
> > Regards,
> > 	Jeff Davis
>
> I think we could implement it by changing
> main.c:failover_handler(). you also need to enhance pcp command to
> accept "gracefull". Finally you need to modify pgpoolAdmin adding
> "gracefull detatch" button.

Ok, I infer that CON_CONNECT_WAIT means that the pgpool process is
currently connected to that PG backend, but no client is currently using
it.

So, when a client stops using a backend, what changes it's status from
CON_UP to CON_CONNECT_WAIT?

Also, have you seen this message? I attached a patch to fix the
weighting calculation, but I haven't heard anything.
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pgpool-hackers/2006-
September/000034.html

Regards,
	Jeff Davis