[Pgpool-general] health_check pgpool-ii

Martin Fandel martin.fandel at alphyra.de
Fri Oct 27 10:31:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm really new using pgpool and right now I'm very happy with it. I was
using Slony before. Slony was working, but I was not happy with the many
ddl changes on our database :).

I've setted up pgool-ii yesterday with the webinterface. All seems to
work, but I've a problem with the health check.

My postgresql-Log says:

        could not receive data from client: Es konnte keine Verbindung
        hergestellt werden, da der Zielcomputer die Verbindung
        verweigert # (in english: access denied from remote host)
        unexpected EOF on client connection
        disconnection: session time: 0:00:00.00 user=postgres
        database=template1 host=192.168.131.12 port)=34758

I've configured pgpool for 4 nodes. For every node my pg_hba.conf is
changed to this:
        host	all	all	192.168.131.12/32  trust

My pgpool-health-configuration is configured as follows:
        health_check_timeout = 20
        health_check_period = 10
        health_check_user = 'postgres'

I hope someone can help me :)!