[Pgpool-general] configure: error: libpq is not installed or libpq is old

gurkan at resolution.com gurkan at resolution.com
Mon Oct 2 18:33:29 UTC 2006

Hi,
I intented to use pgpool for  load balancing (NOT REPLICATION). Tomcat points to
pgpool, and I run some
testing. It appears that if run cluster with pgpool (pgpool-3.1.1) it slows down
like 30sec(takes 35-38sec)
to login, if I run it without pgpool it take 6-10sec.

So, I have tried to use pgpool-II (pgpool-II 1.0.1) to see if I get speed
difference, but I was not
able to install(configure) it. It gives
checking for strtok... yes
checking for asprintf... yes
checking for PQprepare in -lpq... no
configure: error: libpq is not installed or libpq is old
I have also tried this command(gives same error)
./configure --with-pgsql-incluedir=/opt/EnterpriseDB/8.1.4.17/dbserver/include
--with-pgsql-libdir=/opt/EnterpriseDB/8.1.4.17/dbserver/lib

thanks for help.