[Pgpool-general] How to setup pgpool replication

Devrim GUNDUZ devrim at CommandPrompt.com
Wed Nov 29 12:35:52 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 12:31 +0530, Pradeep Parmar wrote:

> I'm a newbe to pgpool , How can I setup replication using pgpool? What
> is procedure ? What are the changes to be done in the config files?

Assuming that you don't want master/slave replication (it is not
pgPool's job... It is Slony-I's or Mammoth Replicator's job) here are
the steps.

* Define both servers in configuration file. In pgPool-I, the host
definitions are at the top of the config file. pgPool-I can only support
2 hosts. However, pgPool-II can support uo 128 hosts (it can support
more; but you need to define this value before building source code).
The definitions of hosts in pgPool-II is at the bottom of the config
file.

* Enable replication_mode by setting its value to true
* If you want load balancing for SELECT queries, enable
load_balance_mode.

These are the initial requirements.  I also suggest you to enable
replication_stop_on_mismatch so that the failing node will degenerate in
case of a mismatch.

Please note that your databases must be in sync before running pgpool in
replication mode.

Regards,