[Pgpool-general] Large insert queries

Lee Smith lee.smith at aionex.com
Fri Nov 10 18:01:51 UTC 2006

Even with the patches applied there still seems to be lots of issues with the memory pooling (and large blocks).  I still see random crashes, even with a small query, so somewhere things are getting messed up.  I'm going to look into it further once I get a chance, but for now its just not stable enough to use.  Are there any benchmarks for performance on the savings of not having to ask libc for memory?  I was under the impression that libc had some form of caching allocations already.  For now I have just disabled it by redefining the stuff in pool_memory.h:

#define palloc(s) malloc((s))
#define repalloc(p, s) realloc( (p),(s))
#define pfree(p) free( (p) )
#define pstrdup(s) strdup((s))
#define palloc0(s) calloc( (s), 1)