[Pgpool-general] best location for pgpool in a 2 machine arrangement

Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Tue May 2 12:11:30 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 02:23:40PM +0930, Admin wrote:
> They found a big performance boost when moving the relay (pgpool in my
> example) onto the same machine as the database (and thus using a socket to
> communicate with postgres).

There might be something to that: can pgpool use UNIX domain sockets
as opposed to TCP/IP?  If so, then there'll be a significant benefit
to using them (and has to be on the same machine).

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Unfortunately reformatting the Internet is a little more painful
than reformatting your hard drive when it gets out of whack.
		--Scott Morris