[Pgpool-general] confused with master/slave and replication modes

gurkan at resolution.com gurkan at resolution.com
Fri Jun 2 16:42:37 UTC 2006

Hi,
I am confused with master/slave and replication modes.
We would like to use Slony-I to replicate our DB (master-80, slave-81, slave-82)
And use pgpool load balancing for reading (not for DB replication)

How should I be setting these variables?

# Replication mode
replication_mode = false

# Load balancing mode, i.e., all SELECTs except in a transaction block
# are load balanced.  This is ignored if replication_mode is false.
load_balance_mode = true

# If true, operate in master/slave mode.
master_slave_mode = true

listen_addresses = '192.168.5.80'

# Host name where PostgreSQL server is running on.  '' means localhost
# using Unix domain socket.
backend_host_name = '192.168.5.80'

# Host name where secondary PostgreSQL server is running on.  '' means
# localhost using Unix domain socket.
secondary_backend_host_name = '192.168.5.81'